Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hello!

I've met my roommates. Tanya is from South Africa and Marcia is from Brazil. Marcia left this morning to meet her ship so it's just Tanya and me now. They are/were both very nice. Tanya is showing me the ropes on how to get the bus pass and how to get to the Academy, Thank Goodness! It would be pretty crazy getting there otherwise. The average stay at the Academy is about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks. Marcia told me about the sea survival training. Basically they take you to the ocean and throw you in . . . ok, so not exactly because you do have thermal wet suit type things but it's still very cold she says.

The mall that they have here is really cool. There is a huge Christmas tree in the middle with a fun house type thing around it. All of their decorations are like a magenta color. It's different but still looks good.

There isn't any snow on the ground yet but it rains a lot and it is quite chilly. They are having some sort of celebration thing going on because there have been fireworks every night. They go on for hours! It's quite lovely. I don't remember what Marcia called the celebration but I guess its for this guy that tried to set fire to parliment way back in the middle ages apparently. Something Fox, I wanna say is his name but I can't be sure.

I got to look around the city a bit yesterday. It has a very San Fransisco feeling to it. The meals at Burger King and stuff are like £6.99- which is basically 2 times the rate in America- so they are pretty expensive. The food here has been different but nothing to far from what I would eat at home.

Well that's all she wrote!

Erica

3 comments:

Dee said...

Hey erica, this is crazy you are gone, this is sarah by the way.
Does it really feel like you are there? Do you start classes on Mon.? How many are there? Have you seen much of london yet? Have you met anyone that has been there for a while and is taking you to see cool places?
Not much is happening here, we went to collin Ray on Fri. That was fun, we cried though so it was kinda sad at the end.
I saw madagascar yesterday and it was ok.
Well I will let you go.
Have fun.
Sarah

Grandpa said...

Erica:

Not to many questions for me to ask as Sarah has asked most of them. I am glade that you are getting to see the sights of London. A lot of history there, starting way back to 1775, when they wanted to take over everybody. Will you get a new roommate now that one of the girls has left? Monday is the first day of your classes that will be cool. Have the girls said anything about people not liking the classes and just going back home or does it seem that everybody stays. Do your roommates have the same skills as you or are they going to fill different positions on the ship. We are just learning how to use this Blog thing, so will try and stay in touch. Stay out of trouble and I think of you often. Take care:

Love; Grandpa

E'Z Travels said...

Hey hey peeps!

to sarah,

Thats funny that you are using dees login. it doesn't really feel like i am here. i have so much work to do its crazy! I have met so many cool people i wouldn't even know where to start at this point. I should be doing it now . . . oh well. There are a few girls that go to karaoke. haven't been with them but i saw it when i looked around the town. i have like a bagillion things to learn it feels like.

I'm glad you liked Collin Raye. I so wanted to go to that.

To grandpa,

I have already gotten a new roommate. her name is adel and she is from scotland! Tanya has actually left so for now its just the 2 of us until this weekend probably when the next batch of girls come. we have different positions but since we are all staying in the same place its been really easy to meet people and study with them and stuff. Lots of stuff to learn!

Well I should study now.

Love ya, Miss ya.

Erica